Welcome to Music with Mr. Papiewski, also known as Mr. P :). I took a liberty of creating this website for the sole purpose of keeping track of the things we are currently working on in the classroom and our Chorus rehearsals . You will be able to find required texts and song lyrics for each grade.
4th Grade Choir will rehearse every Tuesday at 7:20 am.
5th Grade Choir will rehearse every Friday at 7:20 am.
VIOLIN CLUB will rehearse every Tuesday at 2 30-3-15 pm (After school)
ALL REHEARSALS TAKE PLACE IN ROOM 105.
Please check with security.
More Than Just Music
by Peter Papiewski
Science has found that learning music enables learning other subjects
and heightens skills that children use in other areas.
Art, such as ballet, movement and dance can in
fact have strong impact on our bodies, physical health and mental awareness
with tremendous benefits on the general creativity and overall health of
Music and arts studies help improve spatial-temporal reasoning,
which assists the mental transformation of images in subjects such as geometry,
math and reading. Music has been scientifically linked to
many areas related to children’s well-being. Some include:
• Improves reading skills
• Linked to higher grade point averages
• Greatly increases spatial reasoning abilities.
• Can be linked to higher attendance and graduation rates
• Improves decision making process
• Teaches critical thinking in new ways
• Develops emotional awareness
• Improves process orientation
• Links multiple ways of “knowing”
21st Century Skills:
• Supports creativity
• Teaches collaboration with other children
• Improves communication and social interaction
• Develops critical thinking
• Music education fills gaps
• Helps students to engage
• Transcends socioeconomic levels
• Helps students lagging behind
• Improves cognition
• Improves coordination